I must interrupt this regularly scheduled Fashion Week to tell you all that on Thursday…yes, 2 days from now…I leave for a long weekend away with a ton of girlfriends I’ve never met in real life before.
I’m heading to the Relevant ’11 Blogging Conference and I am so incredibly excited! My sister told me it’s weird…she thinks blogging is weird though. I guess I did too before I did it. I guess to that I just have to say…don’t knock it til you try it. As for me, I can’t wait to meet this huge bunch of incredibly talented, funny, and genuine women…some of whom I’m already acquainted with from online. For me it feels kinda like meeting a whole bunch of pen-pals all at once. I can’t wait.
A couple of online pals, Brooke and Erin, are hosting a link-up to share “10 Things That My Relevant Roomie Should Know About Me,” and I’ve enjoyed reading other women’s’ lists so much, I figured I’d create my own too and join in the party. I’m assuming you already know I love Jesus like crazy and like to blog about loads of stuff…so I’ll share the stuff you wouldn’t already know.
10. I fully expect to completely exhaust myself staying up and visiting with lots of new-found friends WAYYYY late into the night! You might want to give me an extra key to the room….or a curfew.
9. I am MUCH nicer after I’ve had a cup of coffee in the morning when I’m tired. MUCH…MUCH…nicer.
8. I most prefer to take a shower at night…I wear Christmas jammies year round, and my new-found favorite thing is dry shampoo.
7. I’m bringing too many shoes. Most importantly though, I’m bringing THE boots.
6. I LOVE LOVE LOVE meeting new people. In fact, I am absolutely, positively, completely energized by it. I love it so much that well….see #10 for what will likely happen to me.
5. I talk in my sleep. Seriously. And sometimes I dream that spiders are falling on me and I hit at the air even. Once I bit my Hubs on the shoulder in the middle of the night. If I take a Tylenol pm though, usually these issues can be avoided…but then I’m super tired in the morning. I am bringing Tylenol PM with me though…just to be nice! 🙂
4. I can’t remember the last time I’ve been so excited about going somewhere as I am about this weekend. As stated above…my sister thinks this is weird.
3. I have a MAJOR propensity for verbal diarrhea. The good thing though is that I love to enjoy a huge laugh at my own expense when I find myself too far gone in a sentence to turn back. You know those moments….I have them a lot.
2. I am bringing my own pillow. I’ll sleep better with it. But don’t worry…even though I still have my blanket from when I was a baby…I’ll leave it at home. You know…so the Hubs will have something to remember me by.
1. I was having a little bit of regret about leaving my family for 4 days…but not anymore since my Hubs was in South Dakota hunting for 5 and I was home sick…with sick kids. Now, not so much. Now… I just want to roll down the windows of the proverbial convertible, crank the music and sing Free Fallin’! Weekend away with loads of new friends…HERE I COME!
So there you have it! Bring on the weekend!