This may look like a standard issue BLT to some, but trust me….it’s not. I have created a sandwich so completely incredible, I’m fairly certain that it’s served in heaven. It’s so good it kinda makes your eyes roll back in your head….THAT level of goodness…but simple goodness too, just kinda amped up.
So, to make this amazing sandwich which I’m dubbing…
Not Yo Granny’s BLT
You will need:
- Incredible bread – I’m into hearty, grainy, seedy, whole grain varieties….but pick your fav. No Wonderbread for this one, it will disintegrate. It can’t handle the truth, and this sandwich is the truth!
- Homegrown tomatoes – And if you can get homegrown heirloom tomatoes, then consider your sandwich “next-level-ified”
- Palmetto Pimento Cheese with Jalapenos – If you don’t live in the south or your grocery store doesn’t carry it, then you’re missing out, but you can always make THIS recipe for pimento cheese and use it. It’s pretty stellar albeit more labor intensive than opening up a tub of other-person-homemade creamy goodness.
- Fresh lettuce – Had I any arugula though, that would have taken it over the top even more.
- Extra crispy bacon – Applewood Smoked is the bomb, I also love Smithfield Peppered Bacon, just make sure whatever you choose, it’s cooked to crispety crunchety perfection (My new fav bacon cooking method is on a foil lined cookie sheet in the oven…about 375 for 20-30 minutes…just til it’s perfect. In My book, the cleanup is way better than a splattery mess too!)
- Avocado – I like the Florida Slimcado, but whatever kind you have will be great as long as it’s ripe
- Fresh Ground Pepper – Crack some of that goodness right on top of your tomatoes.
- Drizzles of Truffle Oil and Thick, Super-Aged Balsamic Vinegar – These additions may have just put this thing into a whole new category for me. My favorite balsamic vinegar is a fig balsamic, so it has a little more thickness and sweetness….killer on this sandwich. And truffle oil….seriously…if you don’t know it, then get to know it…YUM! Oh sweet happiness….do this. It’s incredible.
Friends, I’m telling you…this might even be better than the Fried Green Tomato BLT with Fresh Goat Cheese that I had a couple of years ago on our trip to Blowing Rock, NC. I love me some fried green tomatoes, but you just can’t beat a killer homegrown heirloom. Lord, have mercy on my metabolism….I’m gonna be eating these things every day until the vines are no longer yielding!